We tend to think of meditation as a thought practice. In fact, Judith notes, meditation is a very physical practice and “enlightenment” is a corporeal experience. Meditation, when done from the point of view of body awareness instead of the point of view as thought awareness, is infinitely more powerful.
In this 2-part course, renowned yoga teacher Judith Hanson Lasater explores the concepts of Dharana and Dhyana, the 6th and 7th limbs of yoga, and the true meaning of asana as a preparation for meditation. Judith will discuss key points to prepare you for “sitting,” i.e. how to sit well during meditation and the important parts of getting to the point where you can sit effortlessly.
This Course Also Includes:
- Philosophy of Sequencing: Why Order Matters. In this talk, Judith Hanson Lasater discusses the philosophy of sequencing, how to shape a sequence for your home practice, as well as, how to sequence both beginning and more advanced classes.
- Common Yoga Injuries: Anatomy, Prevention and Help. Thousands of people are seeking health care for injuries related to yoga. In this 60-minute yoga download, Judith Hanson Lasater, a teacher of yoga therapeutics, explores several topics including how to prevent injuries, and what students may be doing to contribute to injuries.
- Arm Balances and Chaturanga for the Strength Challenged. Are your triceps nonexistent? In this yoga download, Judith Hanson Lasater discusses how to make even challenging yoga poses fun and easy by learning how to slowly build strength in your arms and shoulders. Learn the secret to practicing Chaturanga Dandasana correctly and with maximum benefit.
- The Sacroiliac Joint in Yoga Asanas Practice. The SI joint is one of the most commonly injured parts of the body when yoga is done without proper alignment. In this audio talk, Judith Hanson Lasater goes into the anatomy of the sacroiliac joint, common issues, and what to look out for in regards to the SI joint to create a safe yoga practice for your students.
- Yoga Practice Video: Join Judith and her daughter Lizzie Lasater for a yoga practice designed to soothe our over-stimulated sympathetic nervous system and find relief from the stress of our busy lives.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.