Aging is a side effect of unhealthy living. A long, joyful life is a side-benefit of healthy living. This is the vision of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of natural healing, says Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar, one of the most academically accomplished Ayurvedic physicians and Ayurvedic clinicians in the U.S.
In this course, Dr. Kshirsagar will describe Ayurvedic techniques for reversal of aging that include adopting a program of dinacharya, daily lifestyle habits targeted to your unique constitution. These in turn can greatly influence our health and well-being in the short run and encourage a process of healthy aging, rather than one characterized by chronic disease and loss of freedom and mobility.
Dr. Kshirsagar will connect the dots between Ayurvedic techniques and modern-day science to explore how lifestyle habits – healthy eating can help build bones, fight off fatal diseases, boost brain power—can help us live longer and with more vitality.
Healthy aging isn’t just about the long term, it is about learning to enjoy life more, stay balanced, and keep our vitality and zest for life, no matter what our age. By learning to keep our body, and our brain, young and healthy, we can live to 90 and longer, still being an active contributor to society around us with a strong mission and purpose in life, says Dr. Kshirsagar.
What You Will Learn
- Ayurvedic principles for preventing or reversing common age-related diseases, including some of the leading killer diseases of our time
- How to create lifestyle changes suitable to your unique Ayurvedic constitution, and also to the time of life you are in;
- How to minimize the build-up of toxins in body that predispose us for disease and premature aging;
- How to keep your brain young and healthy: Super foods and spices to supercharge energy and enhance brain health and preserve memory and mental faculties as we get older
- How to preserve and improve your health by boosting your immune system and adopting anti-inflammatory habits and routines;
- How to improve the functioning of your vital organs, including liver, lungs, heart, kidneys, to support long-term health.
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 downloadable and MP4 streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.