We are in a really exciting time in yoga, medicine, rehabilitation, recovery and what is truly possible for us as human beings.
The biomedical view of pain and healing is changing, and this means huge things for all of us. We now have solid science to illustrate the neurobiology of pain and the positive implications of breathing better, improving stillness, and improving motor control and coordination. Where it was once believed that pain had to be “managed”, the updated science illustrates that we can recover from pain – even persistent, ongoing pain.
This is huge for yoga teachers and the industry as a whole. A lot of yoga teachers have pain, and a lot of students come to yoga to relieve pain.
This online training will answer the questions – Can a yoga teacher or long-time yoga practitioner have a yoga practice that is one of ease, strength, and stability without pain? Can a new student use yoga to reduce or eradicate pain? The answer to both questions is “yes”.
You can use yoga to recover from pain and develop ease, stability and strength.
What You Will Learn
- The fundamental key elements for recovering from pain
- The neuroplasticity of our body and mind
- The relationship between feeling safe and supported and the experience of pain
- How to manage the “I didn’t feel pain while I practiced, but after the practice I felt horrible”
- How to cultivate hope and healing
- Why you don’t have to give up your yoga practice in the process of recovering from pain
This Course also Includes:
- Yoga practice videos: A yoga practice with Susi designed specifically for this course
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 CEs with Yoga Alliance