There are 14.3 million Americans living with cancer today. By 2024 there will be 19 million. Increasing evidence demonstrates that yoga provides physical and emotional support during and after cancer treatment. Survivors want and need yoga, but what kind?
It is most commonly believed that the best kind of yoga for cancer is gentle and restorative in nature. This idea is limiting and likely formed from a misunderstanding of what cancer survivors really need and want.
In this three part online course with Tari Prinster, author of Yoga for Cancer, you will learn about the yoga4cancer (y4c) methodology developed from the questions asked over the past 10 years by yoga teachers and cancer patients.
What You Will Learn
- Ways to Deal with Cancer: The role of treatments, the immune system, and yoga
- Common issues experienced after cancer treatment and the role of yoga in healing
- Teaching or Practicing Yoga for Cancer – Why gentle is not enough
- How to maximize natural detoxification as part of your practice
- The five basic principles of teaching or practicing yoga for cancer
- How to motivate and engage when people don’t feel like moving
- For Cancer Survivors: Addressing common side effects with the science of yoga
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: This course also includes a yoga practice with Tari for people with cancer or cancer survivors.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 downloadable and MP4 streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
What People Say About the Course
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.