Our paradigms of human health and healing are inadequate. More sophisticated models are essential for replacing anachronistic ones. In this 5-part course, yoga therapist Kristine Kaoverii Weber explores why approaches to healing that focus on balancing the subtle body may hold the key to the future of medicine.
The traditional Tantric writings about the sacred energy centers of the body hold great relevance for us today. They offer a detailed map of the human mental/emotional landscape, and provide a different perspective on how we can approach physical and emotional health, and spiritual growth.
In this course, Kristine will lay out the knowledge of the Tantric chakra system, as detailed in the Mahanirvana Tantra and the Sat Cakra Nirupama. Kristine will also offer basic asanas practices, which can help balance these centers.
What You Will Learn
- How and why the chakra system can be viewed as foundational to health and healing
- How recent findings of modern neuroscience casts new light on the chakra system
- How we can use the chakra archetypes to understand ourselves better as well as the challenges we tend to encounter in life
- What the ancient Tantric philosophy teaches us about building greater strength and healing by working with the chakras of the lower body
- How we can leverage the archetypes of the upper chakras for greater creativity, emotional wellbeing and self-actualization.
This Course Also Includes:
- Subtle Yoga Practice Videos with Kristine Kaoverii Weber: Enjoy two yoga practice videos illustrating how to tune in to and enliven the more subtle aspects of the extended body-mind in your practice.
- Recordings of Both Webinar Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 and MP4), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 6 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.