We are all born with different propensities that determine how we interact with the world around us. The more we are familiar with these, the more we can work with our innate tendencies, rather than trying to fit ourselves into patterns and expectations that are not natural to us.
Most people are familiar with enneagrams, which offer one approach to better understand our personality type and our inherent tendencies.
But did you know that the ancient sciences of Yoga, Vedic astrology, and Ayurveda also offer unique insights into the deeper ‘energies’ or forces of nature that shape who we are and how we interact with the world around us?
Both Vedic astrology and Ayurveda place great emphasis on the “Tattwas” or the Elements (Fire, Air, Earth, Water, and Space). They chart in detail how these affect our approach to living and our natural personality propensities.
A person with a great degree of the Earth element in their chart, for example, will tend to be very attached to where they live and move only rarely. People with a lot of Water influence tend to be very sensitive and often excel in making connections with others, specifically subconscious, spiritual and emotional connections.
How can we determine more clearly what our dominant elements are and how they impact us? And how can we use this knowledge to interact more consciously with these energies in nature to strengthen propensities that serve us and balance those that don’t?
Join us for an online weekend immersion with yoga therapist Jana Long, as she takes us on a journey to understand how the ancient science of the Elements, as described in Ayurveda and Vedic astrology, offers a new way to understand ourselves and our mental and emotional dynamics.
Learn how to understand the role of the Elements and how these have the ability to transform and transmute our physical, mental and spiritual states.
When energy and alchemy unite with the intention of our true heart’s desire we create every day miracles. Some are but small occurrences that gently guide us through the stream of life, and there are some miracles that cause huge changes and challenges in our lives. Increase your ability to perform alchemy as you learn to work with energy and spirit to elevate and transform your life.
What You Will Learn:
- Fundamentals of Astrology
- Fundamentals of Ayurveda
- Intersectionality between Yoga, Astrology & Ayurveda
- Development of deeper self-awareness & openness to Spirit
- Contemplation & Meditation on Self & Nature
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3.5 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.