Every pregnancy is different, even for the same the woman. The journey can be both exciting and daunting, especially when trying to safely navigate an ever-changing body through the trimesters.
The key to confidence in pregnancy is learning how to utilize the gifts of yoga to better support a woman’s body, mind and heart. So what are the best yoga practices to help a woman gain awareness, strength, focus and the ability to relax and trust her own inner wisdom? What postures and practices should be avoided?
Prenatal yoga instructor and author, Sue Elkind, has been exploring these questions for almost two decades, supporting pregnant women and yoga teachers worldwide to better understand how to balance the postural tendencies in pregnancy and enjoy an empowered pregnancy and birth.
This series will systematically unpack guidelines to follow, detailing which practices and postures are safe and especially needed to strengthen and support the heart-mind-body connection in a pregnant woman.
Yoga and pregnancy are a divine match, especially when there is both confidence and care in knowing how to deepen the gifts that have innately been given to each and every woman.
What You Will Learn
- How to replace an outdated mindset with one of empowered choice
- Essential breath work that supports pregnancy and birth
- An overview of physiological & hormonal changes in pregnancy
- How to navigate each trimester with greater understanding and care
- Prenatal postural tendencies and key yoga poses to support the growing body
- Relaxation techniques to ground out stress & discomfort, and refresh into the present moment
- A guided visualization & journey into your own inner sanctuary and wisdom
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice: Enjoy a full spectrum prenatal yoga video class with Sue. Includes a 10 minute guided audio journey into your inner sanctuary and wisdom.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.