According to yogic science, the granthis are energetic knots located along the central pathway of the spine. These knots hold the life force (Shakti) in the body as a means to help us navigate through this plane of existence, but they can also tighten due to belief patterns and life experiences.
The granthis are located at the base of the spine, the center of the chest, and at the midbrain region. The entire practice of yoga is meant to cultivate the ascension of Shakti back to the crown, where unbound intelligence, bliss, and inspiration lie.
In this course, Alan Finger will discuss the granthis and how they relate to the subtle body and our yoga practice. The energetic body and the physical body are intimately connected, like two sides of the same coin. Learn how we can use our yoga practice to target the regions of the body where the granthis get choked, and as well as other yogic techniques that can help to unlock the binds that inhibit us, freeing us to live our life potential more fully.
What You Will Learn
- The significance of the granthis as described in yogic philosophy, as well as their relation to the chakra system
- How restrictions in the granthis can lead to a limited expression of life force, and lay the foundation for illness, accelerated aging, illness, or general loss of well-being
- The different ways in which our yoga practice can be targeted to address energetic restrictions in the granthis
- Other yogic techniques, like kriyas and mudras that further can be helpful to clear the energetic pathways of the body and release energetic blocks in the granthis.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Focusing on Releasing Energy Blocks. As a special bonus for the course, you will receive a 35 minute video yoga practice with Sarah Platt Finger, prepared especially for this course. In the practice, Sarah offers a routine of yoga asana and other yogic practices to help release restrictions in the granthis through the use of yoga postures, kriya, bandha, and mudra.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 CEs with Yoga Alliance.