There may not be one pill to cure all ills, but there are simple, key tricks we can use each day that have surprisingly powerful effects on our energy, sleep, weight, appetite, inflammation, and how we feel and look overall. These tools come from the Ayurvedic tradition of self care, or Dinacharya.
With his background in both traditional Ayurveda and modern medical science, Dr. Suhas Kshirsagar brings together tools we can use to feel more radiant, youthful, and at ease. In this course Dr. Kshirsagar explains the far-reaching biological and even genetic effects of little bad habits we all have (staying up late and “catching up” on sleep later, postponing meals, etc.). He lays out tools we can use not only to overcome these habits, but build new ones that, over time, can transform our body and mind. Learn easy-to-follow techniques and a step-by-step 30-day routine to bring yourself into a new state of balance.
According to Ayurveda, digestive imbalances affect our health and well-being in numerous ways, long before they lead to actual diagnosable disorders. When digestion is weak, according to Ayurveda, the food that we take in is not digested properly, resulting in the accumulation of ama, a toxic residue that lodges deep in our cells. The buildup of ama gradually undermines the health of bodily tissues and zaps our vitality, health, and well-being.
Signs of ama include bad breath, a coated tongue, lack of appetite, tendency to constipation or chronic constipation, fatigue, susceptibility to infections, and a tendency to mood swings and even depression. What is the degree of ama in your body, and how can you reduce it or prevent it from accumulating in the first place?
Dr. Kshirsagar takes an in-depth look at the principles of Ayurvedic detoxification and ways to enhance digestive health to preempt the accumulation of toxins in the body in the first place.
What You Will Learn:
- An easy to follow, step-by-step ideal daily routine
- Seasonal routines to follow to bring your body in balance with the cycles of nature
- The importance of daily routine in light of circadian rhythms
- Balancing the use of sensory organs and stress management
- The ancient system of Ayurvedic mind-body types and how to identify your own
- What chronotypes are and the role they play in our health and well-being
- How to live in accordance with your personal doshas
- How to synchronize your work schedule with your internal clock
- Why in the “Tripod of Life” (diet, sleep & exercise) the most important factor is not what but when
- Ayurvedic recommendations for diet, digestion, and detoxification
- Self-care techniques
- How to improve your spiritual outlook with Mindfulness
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both sessions, enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions (MP3 downloadable and MP4 streaming online), you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.