This series delves into the mysteries of the asymmetrical spine to find ultimate harmony for those with asymmetry and scoliosis.
The fascial lines ideally spiral and wrap around the entire body like long glorious vines of life. Chakra energy likewise spirals up the spine optimally creating harmony and balance.
Yet, looking closely, what appears symmetrical quickly becomes asymmetrical. Trees of the forest are never symmetrical. Similarly, bodily asymmetry and spinal asymmetry are universal due to our handedness and favorite preferred motions.
Scoliosis occurs when the asymmetry deepens into a stronger hold of spinal distortion.
When does spinal asymmetry evolve into scoliosis? How does one bring harmony into the asymmetrical system to either prevent or address the scoliosis spine?
Diving even deeper, what are the binding effects of this asymmetry upon the psychology of the spine?
Acknowledging and exploring the fascial lines lessens the bonds of scoliosis upon the body.
What You Will Learn
- What causes spinal asymmetry and when does spinal asymmetry turn into structural issues like scoliosis
- How to distinguish between functional and structural scoliosis
- Which fascial lines are affected in asymmetry and how do we mobilize and optimize the fascial lines of asymmetry
- How do the compensatory patterns merge with common asymmetry/scoliosis curve patterns and how can we observe them?
- How can yoga help scoliosis and which asanas are best suited for working with asymmetry in the body?
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice video that accompanies this course designed by Dr. Suzanne Martin.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 4.5 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.