The number of people with hip replacement is on the rise, and the largest increase is in the 45-54 age group.If you’re a yoga teacher looking to keep your students safe and/or attract more students for privates, it’s essential to learn how to teach yoga safely to this group of people.
And, if you’re ‘simply’ looking to understand the changes that lead to hip replacement and how to prevent or slow them, this course is for you as well.
Can yoga help people preparing for a hip replacement and even help you recover faster? If you already have a hip replacement, which are the yoga postures that are safe and which should you avoid?
And, for yoga teachers, which are the teaching practices that are particularly useful for people with hip replacement?
These are some of the questions that Dr. Loren Fishman and Ellen Saltonstall will address in this groundbreaking online course. As the number of yoga practitioners grows, students with special health needs and age-related issues become increasingly common.
Such people have much to gain from yoga, but it takes special teaching skills and knowledge to ensure a safe and rewarding practice. This is a unique opportunity to study online with two leading pioneers in the development of safe yoga teaching methodology for people over 50.
What You Will Learn
- Anatomy of a hip replacement
- Advances in the way total hip replacements are being performed
- Differences in the posterior and anterior hip replacement approaches
- How and why different types of hip replacement requires a different approach to yoga practice
- Yoga practices to prepare for hip replacement and ensure faster recovery
- Do’s and don’ts for yoga practice for each type of hip replacement
- Best way to ease into yoga after hip replacement and ways to facilitate full recovery of joint mobility and function
This course also Includes:
- Yoga Video Practice: Enjoy a 30-minute yoga practice with Ellen Saltonstall illustrating the principles taught in the course.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both webinar sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point ever so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.