Join Baxter Bell, MD, C-IAYT, for an update on the newest findings around maintaining optimal brain health as we age. From the scientific updates of the last five years, he will then share the many ways your yoga practice can support your cognitive health moving forward.
Unwelcome changes to our cognitive health are often at the top of the concerns for people as they age. Almost everyone knows a family member, friend, or colleague who developed one of the more serious health issues of the brain and the challenges they present to the individual and their support community.
The mainstream media tends to focus on the current limitations of addressing issues like dementia, Parkinson’s, and MS, almost exclusively reporting on pharmacological developments in treatment.
There is growing evidence that lifestyle medicine options like yoga may play a significant role in preventing unwanted changes to the brain and nervous system as we age and may help us optimize our brain health over time.
This course is designed to educate you about the role of yoga in supporting cognitive resilience, the empirical evidence that supports its benefits, and the proper safety measures for people of all ages.
What you will learn:
- Normal brain aging and the most common brain-related severe health issues
- What the conventional medicine approaches to treatment are
- The common side effects and toxicity of conventional treatments.
- A review of the latest relevant research on cognitive health and cognitive health and yoga
- Review the Yoga protocols used in those studies where available.
- Connections between the research and yogic tools
- A review of yoga for brain health practices
- The proper safety precautions for practicing Yoga as part of an integrative approach to brain health.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice video that accompanies this course.
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note-takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course includes 2 one-hour lectures, plus a recorded yoga practice video and qualifies for 3 non-contact CEs with Yoga Alliance.
Join us live or listen to the recordings!
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 – 8:00 pm Eastern / 5:00 pm Pacific
Thursday, March 23, 2023 – 8:00 pm Eastern / 5:00 pm Pacific