Why is it that some people are able to live and flourish through seemingly insurmountable challenges while others struggle with even the smallest of life difficulties? Modern research reveals that our capacity to experience resilience and well-being plays a vital role in our ability to lead a happy, healthy and contented life. How do we, then, nourish resiliency and well-being in our yoga and/or meditation practices so that we can embody these qualities when we’re off our mats and back in daily life, even when we’re challenged by the most difficult of circumstances?
Over the past 45 years, Dr. Richard Miller has developed a program called iRest® (Integrative Restoration) Yoga Nidra Meditation for promoting deep relaxation and healing, restoring resilience and well-being, and awakening to our essential wholeness and true nature. iRest offers a comprehensive program that research has shown to promote resiliency and well-being while reducing stress, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, depression and more. iRest can be practiced on and off our mats while lying down, sitting, standing and even when engaging our daily activities.
While iRest is not based on yoga asana (postures), it is a complementary program that is easily integrated into any practice of movement and/or meditation. The iRest Program is a synthesis of eastern and western practices that helps us release negative emotions and thoughts, calm our nervous system, foster resilience and well-being, and develop positive self-care skills for meeting any and all of our life circumstances.
What You Will Learn
- Neuroscience of resiliency
- The Ten-Step iRest Program for fostering resilience and well-being
- How to nourish value, meaning and purpose
- How to establish a core inner resource of ever-present being and well-being
- How to work with negative thoughts and emotions
- Joy as good medicine
- How to foster resiliency and well-being on and off the mat
This Course Also Includes:
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (MP3 – downloadable & MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
- iRest Practice Downloads: Enjoy several iRest audio practice sessions where Richard 1) guides you through establishing your core Inner Resource of being and well-being, 2) helps you nourish an inner essential felt-sense of purpose, value and meaning, 3) shows you how to proactively welcome and respond to emotions and thoughts, 4) reveals how to experience equanimity and joy in the midst of life, and 5) takes you through the entire Ten-Step Program for fostering resiliency and well-being on and off the mat.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.