Ever wondered how to quiet that neurotic roommate in your head that keeps perpetuating feelings of worry or stress?
We all experience moments of nervousness, worry and stress. But excessive anxiety and obsessive thinking can lead to sleepless nights, emotional meltdowns, high-blood pressure and in general will undermine our health and well-being in many ways.
In this course, yoga therapist and author Robin Rothenberg takes an in-depth look at how yoga can be used to relieve anxiety, calm mind and body, and soothe the spirit. Even long-standing patterns of chronic stress, tension and trauma can be shifted, if we learn to change habits of thinking and become less reactive to outside triggers that would normally set us off.
Robin links neuroscience and the physiology of chronic stress to the ancient yogic teachings, sharing in a practical way how you can apply specific techniques to interrupt the mental whirlwind and soothe your soul.
What You Will Learn
- How our mind triggers the body’s physiologic panic button and loops back on itself – and how yoga can stop the cycle in its tracks!
- Time-tested breathing and meditation practices combined with simple movements that literally can re-program your mind and body
- Ways to chill out and re-compose yourself on the spot when triggers arise
Yoga provides a powerful mind-body technique to help heal or manage stress and anxiety. Most importantly, the techniques covered in this webinar, if applied consistently over time, will literally rewire your set point so you’re less likely to react to stimulus that previously would have sent you spinning.
This course is of value to those who suffer with anxiety, as well as professionals who are interested in employing the teachings and practices from the yoga tradition to support their client’s transformation. Experiential practice is woven through the webinar to help you embody the teachings more fully.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Robin has created a practice for the course with yoga asanas and breathing exercises illustrating the principles discussed in the sessions.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get the recordings of both sessions (both MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 2.5 CEs with Yoga Alliance.