This course will show you how building fluidity into your movement automatically expands range of motion and helps prevent injury. You will learn how to build fluidity into everyday movements for daily benefit, into your exercise routine so it is more impactful, and into your yoga practice for increased enjoyment.
Learn why keeping the spine fluid and mobile is essential to health and vitality, and how to restore fluidity to the spine and recapture the vitality of youthful movement.
In this course, Anita will introduce her technique of Spinal Undulation for freeing the spine and restoring fluidity by hydrating the soft tissues and fascia around the spine. Learn how to add undulation techniques to your yoga practice or teaching to feel more limber and energetic during the day.
Fluidity and body awareness go hand in hand. By learning to tune into sensations, you will be able to better tell when activity is beneficial and when it needs to be modified to avoid injury. You will also be able to know what movements will help you feel better.
Learn the 5 fundamentals that transform movement from stiff to fluid and how to dramatically expand the fluidity of your spine. Join Board Certified Structural Integrator and Yoga Teacher Anita Boser for this exploration to regain your youth.
What Other People Say about Anita’s Spinal Undulation Technique
“Undulation is a safe and wonderful complement to more traditional therapeutic modalities. I utilize it every day in my work to help clients discover new movement pathways and experience freedom and flow in their bodies.”–Robin Rothenberg, Certified Yoga Therapist and author of The Essential Low Back Program
“I have used body undulation ever since I learned it from Emilie Conrad in 1986–in airports (yup) and hotels to shake off travel stiffness, and it is especially useful prior to stressful events. Undulation is not a method; it is simply a manner of restoring and exploring your body’s felt sense.”–Tom Myers, author of Anatomy Trains
“The innate movement language of the body has been stifled environmentally, culturally, and interpersonally. With Undulation, Anita Boser has found a gentle and systematic way to help bodies in any condition of health to unleash motion and self-healing capacity. A must for movement professionals who work with chronic pain, the elderly, or need creative ideas to un-glue body fears in any body.”–Jill Miller, author of The Roll Model: A Step by Step Guide to Erase Pain.
What You Will Learn
- How to build fluidity into everyday movements and into your yoga or exercise routine so it is more impactful and enjoyable
- How to automatically expand range of motion and help prevent injury by adding fluidity to your movement
- How to enhance body awareness by learning to tune into and interpret sensations in your body
- The five steps needed to recapture the vitality of youthful movement, which can be done by anyone, regardless of fitness and experience level.
- The 5 fundamentals that transform movement from stiff to fluid.
- How to dramatically expand the fluidity of your spine and take your range of motion to the next level.
- How to create your own mini-practice to restore vitality and feel more limber and energetic.
This Course Also Includes:
- Yoga Practice Video: Enjoy a yoga practice created for this course.
- Recordings of Both Sessions: Yours to keep. It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of both lecture sessions (MP3 – downloadable and MP4 – streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of Both Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
This course qualifies for 3 non-contact hour CEs with Yoga Alliance.