Chewy Gluten-Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A chewy, decadent, and delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that happens to be vegan and gluten-free! Grab a fresh glass of nut milk because these cookies were made for dunking! Enjoy fresh out of the oven or store a batch in the freezer to be armed and ready to satisfy a sweet tooth any time!
Makes about 15 cookies
- 1 flax or chia egg* (1 tablespoon of chia seeds or flax meal + 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1¾ cups almond flour
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats**
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened but not liquified
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
**NOTE: The oats can be added to the cookies whole or process them in a food processor or blender to make a flour. This will create a smoother, less textured cookie. Be sure not to over-process into a fine powder. The cookies pictured above are made with blended oats.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. *Prepare the chia or flax egg by adding 3 tablespoons of warm water with the seeds and mixing until well combined. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes to form the “egg.”
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, baking soda, sea salt, shredded coconut, and coconut sugar. Stir until the ingredients are mixed evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add in the slightly beaten “egg,” then the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour in the chocolate chips and mix again. Place the raw dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Use a small cookie scooper or spoon to roll the mixture into balls, using about 1 tablespoon of dough. Place the raw cookie dough on a baking sheet and press slightly to flatten the top. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Stay healthy! Here’s another great article from Elise Museles-Bug Busters: An Immune Boosting Routine to Start Right Now.
Reprinted with permission from EliseMuseles.com
Elise Museles is a Certified Eating Psychology and Nutrition Expert, creator of the Food Story platform, and the wildly popular blog Kale & Chocolate. As an author, speaker, health coach, and podcast host, Elise’s mission is to empower women to create a healthier relationship with food and their bodies by changing what’s on their plate – and what’s in their minds.
Elise recently launched her podcast, Once Upon A Food Story, where she shares the “Food Stories” of leading health experts such as Kimberly Snyder, Dr. Frank Lipman, Robyn Youkilis, and more. She’s also the best-selling author of Whole Food Energy: 200 All-Natural Recipes to Help You Prepare, Refuel, and Recover.
Sorry, we couldn't find anything...
Yoga & Wellness
A chewy, decadent, and delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that happens to be vegan…
Apr 16 – By: Elise Museles